Skip to main content

Sabang Puerto Princesa, Palawan: UNDERGROUND RIVER | TRAVEL GUIDE: How To Get There, Where To Stay, Things To Do & Expenses





Nowadays Puerto Ptincesa Underground River are known not only in the Philippines but all over the world. The main entrance of the park is thru a 5 kilometer hike or a short boat ride in sitio sabang.

SABANG BEACH


HOW TO GET THERE

The Van or Bus going to Sabang are located in San Jose Terminal, Ride a jeep with  sign board San Jose Terminl from the terminal take a bus bound to Sabang travel time approximately 2.5 hours and fare is P120 or  van go to Lexus transport, enlist your name for seat reservation and wait for your given schedule. The travel time approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes and fare is P140.




WHERE TO STAY

BLUE BAMBOO/ SUNBIRD COTTAGES
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price start at P250.00
Contact Number: +639107970038

BAMBUA NATURE COTTAGES
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price start at P250.00
Conatct Number: +639274209686

BALAY BALAY TRAVEL LODGE
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price Start at P1200.00
Contact Number: +639128695999

DABDAB RESORT COTTAGES
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price start at P400.00
Contact Number: +639124986746, +639109241673

DAYUNAN TOURIST INN 
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price Start at P2000.00
Contact Number: +639274661429

MARY’S COTTAGES
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price Start at P400.00
Contact Number: +639197577582, +639084165206

TARAW BEACH COTTAGES
Address: Sitio Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Price Start at P500.00
Contact Number: +639474436943, +639215492156

SABANG ACTIVITIES 

THINGS TO DO

The first thing to do is to visit Puerto Princesa Underground River, get a permit and pay the amount of P175 + Environmental fee of P40.00, boat fee is 700/ boat round trip, you can share to other group if you are alone. Other option is to trek at Jungle or Monkey Trail for almost 5 kilometers and tour guide fee of 150. 
Do a deep in a powdery brown sand  and clear water beach of Sabang, please careful of the huge wave
Walk about 1.8 Kilometer to see the Sabang Waterfalls
Experience the 900 meter SABANG ZIPLINE
Don’t forget to witness the Flora & Fauna in Mangrove Paddle Boat Tour for P150.00.

Walk way
UNDERGROUND ENTRANCE
SABANG WATERFALLS

EXPENSES

Van from San Jose Terminal - Sabang - San Jose Terminal – P280.00
Accommodation at Blue Bamboo/ Sunbird Cottage for 2 nights – P900.00
Permit and Environmental Fee for underground river tour – P390.00
Food/Personal needs – P500.00

Total Expenses for Three Days and Two Nights- P2070.00

Here's the Step by Step Guide:
DIY- Do It Yourself | PUERTO PRINCESA UNDERGROUND RIVER

Comments

  1. wow this is way cheaper than the rates na nakikita ko online and take note, discounted price na yun... I guess it is really ideal to conduct your own DIY tour .. it's quite risky but the experience you get from it is really more rewarding! I admire your courage for traveling alone. keep it up bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2,000 rate for a 3D2N is really low. May I just ask if you visited there in lean season, coz it seemed that the place is empty thus is more endearing to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly envy you guys. I've never been to Vizayas and Mindanao, even in other parts of Luzon. I will surely visit these places and since your guides are helpful, I will make this as my reference for my future trips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also want to go to Puerto Princesa but I don't want to spend too much. Aside from summer, when is the ideal month to visit Puerto Princesa? I don't want to go there during peak season because I suspect it gets crowded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crowd in Urderground river is less than 1000 person per day year round as per city tourism.

      Delete
  5. You just gave me another reason to go back to Puerto Princesa. I wasn't able to go to Sabang. Have you been to Port Barton by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so beautiful! I'm eyeing out piso fare/discounted tickets this year so I can finally get to see our very of world wonder! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Johna, kailan kaya ipo post ang PISO FARE! About your post, Puerto Princesa is on my bucket list and I'll make sure that we visit those places you've been to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been here and our trip was arranged by a travel tour agency from puerto princesa.. The place was very lovely and inside the cave was majestic! I wanna go back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! As always, you've captured the place so beautifully! Gusto ko rin i-try! Sana I have the time during the summer for a vacation, but work limits my gala days. Haha! What a lovely, informative post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The underground river is a must for first timers. I dont recommend it the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how helpful this post is with locations and information on all the lodging here

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I have any regrets, it's that I didn't travel like crazy when I was still single. Had to wait for the kids to be old enough so I can do it again, for now I just stalk your blog :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful!! I wish to visit Puerto Princesa soon if only it's not that expensive

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.