Skip to main content

Exploring Tokyo, Japan

Japan is one of the countries in my travel goals before getting married or settling down. In my college days, I always watched anime on Tv, and one of my favorites was the YAKITATI JAPAN. At first, I never ever expected that my dream would come true. 


Taito-Ku, Ueno 
When I applied for a Japan Visa, I flew to Manila from my workplace in Boracay Island because some of the accredited agencies are located in Metro Manila. 2 weeks before my flight, I collected all the requirements needed of the embassy.


Tokyo National Museum 
I applied for my visa through Reli tours & Travel Agency, and I paid 950.00 pesos for their handling fee. After 10 days, I got a text message from the agency stated my passport was ready for pick-up, but instead, they sent it to me via courier. 


Narita International Airport T3
I received my passport, and I am so happy that my application got approved. The happiness and tears in my eyes when I saw a Visa on my Passport. 

I fly to Japan via Tokyo after 1 month, and I can't believe I am in Japan already.  My first impression is Japan is a great country. The people are hospitable, and they are happier to help if you are lost and can't find your destination. 



I arrived at Narita International Airport around 6 in the morning, and the weather was cool. I rode a Kensei Train from Narita T2 to Ueno Station and took about 1.5 hours to reach Ueno. When I arrived at Ueno, I went to the tourism booth located just beside the station's exit door to get a map and guidebook. I walk going to the Tokyo National Museum, but I'm lost; luckily, the roaming guard helped and guided me on the right way to the Museum despite the language barrier.


Meiji Jingu Shrine
Inside of National Museum, I tried to make a Japanese character workshop, and I paid 100 Yen. One of the volunteers taught me how to write using a pen. It was a great experience. 


  






























After visiting the museum, I went to the Ueno park just before heading to Minowa, where my booked place to stay is. Upon arrival at Minowa station, I ask some of the staff how to get in my place. They're accommodating, although they don't speak English well. Upon arrival at my place, a friendly staff assisting me on my stay. I sleep for a couple of hours to recharge and explore more at night in Ameyoko to try authentic ramen and sushi. 



Me Ate Ruby  and Kuya Gary

Hachiko Statue
The next morning I woke up to prepare to go to Shibuya. When I arrived, I met a Filipino guy who is also on solo travel. He waits for her cousin to arrive, who's based in Japan. When Ruby arrived, she invited us to have a coffee in the Starbucks while watching the people crossing the pedestrian lane or Shibuya Crossing. We also visited the statue of Hachiko located beside Shibuya station. We toured around Shibuya and ended up having lunch in one of the restaurants in Shibuya. 
Meiji Jingu Shrine

Taito-ku Ueno at night
I visited the Meiji shrine before I went home to rest, I love walking is in Tokyo, but my 2 feet gave up on me. So I went home before the sun was set. 



Ameyoko

On the third day, I was so sad because it was my last day in Tokyo. I prepared my things and headed to Ueno park for past time because my flight back to the Philippines is at 7:35pm. I enjoyed staying in Ueno park because there are many entertainers just like the show on the Tv.  

3 days in Tokyo is not enough, but I enjoyed it so much and will come back again soon if I get a chance, maybe in Osaka. 



Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita JAPAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.