Skip to main content

How Travel Changed My Whole Life

Traveling is a great achievement in my life. The experience I gained the people I met and the lesson I learned on the road.




It was in college day when I started to travel. I thought that the traveling is not for me because I don’t have money to spend and my family can’t afford to buy a plane ticket, 2011 when I started to travel, and my first-time experience to ride an airplane, I missed my midterm examination in Filipino and community service in my NSTP subject just to travel in Cebu and Bohol for limited pocket money of 1,650.00 in the span of 3 days with no regret. It was a dream, and I was not expecting that dream will come true despite our financial status.  




I was amazed at how life is adventurous. I'm going to the place that I’ve never been before, getting lost in an unfamiliar place and finding the right path of the destination with the help of strangers. Many people told why I invest  my money in traveling instead of saving up for my future, I replied to them, you don’t know how happy am I when in other places, I learned a lot of good things like their culture, the simplicity of life and, most of all, the hidden and unique beauty of every place.



After I graduated in a 2-year course in college, I promised myself that I’d pursue my dream to mark and conquer the 81 provinces of The Philippines and beyond. I just think, how is it possible to happen?  Because my family and I can’t afford it, well! I tried my luck on Boracay Island to look for a job. I was hired in a hotel as a waiter, and from that time, little by little, I saw my dream that would come true. I started to save up for my upcoming travel. After 6 months into my contract will end, I decided not to sign again. Instead, I will push through my 20-day journey in the Philippine, without thinking that I don’t have work already when I get home, I never ever regret that decision.

When I got home from the 20-day journey across the Philippines. My normal me changed and turned into a fearless human. Because of traveling, I know how life is short to be enjoyed every second of it. It was hard for me to look for another job in Iloilo as my family is based there, I submitted my resume to all hotels, but no one got in touch with me.

I think another option to make my dream continued, I do freelance work as a travel agent on my small travel agency. I saved up the service fee I earned as my travel fund, and from then, the journey never stopped.  

Traveling has taught me to be strong to face the problem I encounter, It’s just like I lost in an unfamiliar place. 

#TravelokaPH#WhyITravel  #TravelokaStories

This is my entry to Traveloka Blogging Contest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.