Skip to main content

How To Apply For a Japan Visa w/o ITR and Get Approved

When my friend Paula and I talked about where to travel next, we talked about traveling to Japan since the embassy is not too strict about getting a tourist visa.




Three weeks before my planned travel to Catanduanes, I decided to apply for a Japan Visa since an Airplane ticket is not required.


Here's the requirement based on the Embassy of Japan website.

*Passport
>Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.

*Visa Application Form
> Available at the Embassy website, at the entrance of the Embassy, or at any of the accredited travel agencies.

> Application form should be filled out all items correctly. If the item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept applications with blank items, no signature or date in the form; may deny the application filled out incorrectly or wrong information. 

*Photo
> Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5cm, with white background.
> Photo must be taken within 6 months

*Birth Certificate
> It must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide). 

>If the birth certificate from Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable or has incomplete information, please submit the birth certificate issued by PSA together with a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar. 

> If the birth certificate is “late registration,” please submit in addition a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from high school or elementary and School Yearbook (if possible). 

> If there is no record in PSA, please submit a “Certificate of Non-Record” from PSA together with a birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar. 

*Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is married)

*Daily Schedule in Japan 

*Bank Certificate
>Validity of Bank Certificate is three (3) months from the date of issue

*Applicant’s Income Tax Return (Form 2316) clear Photocopy (latest)

[If Guarantor who lives in the Philippines will shoulder part or all of the applicant’s travel expenses] 

>Guarantee Letter 
>Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor (e.g., Birth Certificates, etc.)
>Bank Certificate (original) and Income Tax Return (ITR Form 2316) (clear Photocopy) of Guarantor 


I was so excited and a little nervous since I don't have a history of traveling out of the country.  I gathered all the requirements needed and secure them before I flew to manila.




I processed my application on my last day in Manila before flying back to the Island of Boracay.

Here are the requirements I submit in Reli Tours and Travel - Mall of Asia Branch.

> Passport

> Certificate of Employment - stated my position in the company and date hired.

> Photocopy of my Company ID   

> 2x2 Picture with white background

> Application Form - You can fill-up online here and print it out. If you don't trust your penmanship like me, hehe, make sure to print it at A4 size because the agency is rigorous. It comes in paper size. I got mistaken. I printed it on a short-size bond paper, and the agency, ask me to make a new one in handwriting, MayGad hehe, but I tried and do it slowly to make my application form neat and clean. 


>NSO Birth Certificate - I requested Online and delivered it to my hotel in Manila. My birth Certificate had a late registration remark, so I needed to get a supporting document. I requested a baptismal certificate and asked my friend to send it to Boracay. I thought that the Baptismal certificate was enough to support the late registration remark of my Birth certificate, but the agency required me to submit my school form 137. I told the agent that I couldn't provide it since I flew to Manila from Boracay just to apply; instead, he told me to explain why I couldn't provide it and make sure that the explanation was believable, so here we go. I wrote again in my beautiful handwriting. I message Paula asking for help to explain because my brain cells are not functioning well. Thanks, Beautiful Paula :D

> Schedule of Stay - Sample of my Schedule of Stay. See the photo below.


> Bank Certificate - I went to the nearest BPI bank to request a Bank certificate. I pay 200 pesos since I have 2 accounts. I think the safest amount is at least 5 digits or depends on your length of stay in Japan.

> ITR - Income Tax Return - This is a difficult requirement because I don't have one. Instead, I wrote another explanation letter why I don't have ITR to show. Please see the photo of how I wrote it.










So That's it. After verifying my application, the agent told me that they would try if the embassy would accept the letter of explanation in my form 137. I pay P950 pesos for the handling fee. 

The application takes only less than 1 hour, but make sure to arrive early to avoid lines.

I felt relieved after I filed my application. The only thing I do is to pray to get approved.

A day after arriving in Boracay, I went to LBC to buy the prepaid pouch and send it to Reli Tours since I couldn't pick up my passport. 

The agent told me that the application would take 7 to 10 business days to know the result. I prayed harder because it's almost 14 days, and there is no result yet.

The unexpected day I received a text message from reli tours that my passport was ready for pick-up. I called the office and instructed them that I already sent a prepaid pouch. 

The next day I feel restless it is because I am nervous but excited to know the result. I went to Lbc and got my parcel. Before I opened it, I promised myself that I would not hurt whatever the result was. When I opened the parcel, and I saw already my passport, the first thing I look is the back cover, and I saw a white bar code because if there's a bar code means you get approved.



I am so excited to browse the pages of my passport. I can't speak and explain how happy I am to see a Visa on my Passport. 

Nothing is impossible. Just pray.


Comments

  1. teka parang hindi ikaw yung nasa piiiiictureeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :d lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ako po yan Mam, medyo hindi lang tagala maganda ang kuha ng Photographer. hehehe :D

      Delete
  2. As long as complete ang requirements oks nman mag bigay ang japan ng visa... my husband did not have an itr din.. swerte at multiple ang nbigay sa 1st application.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ano po ung mga requirements na pinasa mo maam pag wala kang itr my attachment docs po ba like COE po maam ?

      Delete
  3. How much po kailngan sa bank statement para ma approve? kailngan po mga 50k up for 1 week na? TIA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had it with your arigatou gousaimashita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo nga pala sir... Meron ba sila required amount kung magkano dapat nakalagay sa Bank Certificate mo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the detailed description of how to get a visa. For a long time could not find all list of documents

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for such a detailed description that helped to understand all the subtleties of this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "It must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center(Nationwide)" - may I ask, does this mean I can't use my old Birth Certificate? Kailangan talaga magrequest ng bago?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you PR!
    My problem is my BC late registered.
    Is it okay if you can send me the sample letter you submit explaining
    That you have no form 137..
    More power

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good day Hi anyone here who can answer my question? My friend is an works in a cruise ship outside the country, wala silang tax.. so ano kaya pede pakita? Nakakapag pagawa ba sa BIR ng tax exemption certificate? I read somewhere na ganun ang need for OFW for japan visa requirement. Thanks for the reply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pwede kayang in lieu of the form 137, transcript of record nung college ang ipasa .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pwede po kayo ang magiging guarantor boyfriend mo? Plan po namin mag travel kasama baby namin pero d pa kasi kami kasal. Balak niya sya mag shoulder ng travel namin sa japan.. frequent traveler naman kami. Nag resign kasi ako nung nabuntis ako kaya wala ako itr or coe now, unlike before.. thank you po

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello ask ko lang po kasi may problema ako sa baptismal certificate ko late registered din ako sa birth cert kasi po iba yung last name ko sa baptismal father ko ang last name ko sa baptismal tapos sa birth cert ko sa mother ko paano kaya yun?sa form 137 ba sure ba na kahit sa elementary pwede ipasa?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.