Skip to main content

Kanlaon Inland Resort And Eco-Tourism #KIRAET #ColdSpring | Canlaon City, Negros Oriental


I was not expecting that the pool is super cold it just imagine like a cooler with full of ice cubes, let say the temperature is less than 15 degrees Celsius, so far this is my first time swimming experience  with a flowing fresh water pool coming from the mountain of Canlaon,  Yes! It's a fresh water.






The Kanlaon Inland Resort  And Eco-Tourim ( KIRAET) locally called INLAND is found in Purok Everlasting, Barangay Malaiba 15 minutes ride uphill from Canlaon Proper, the journey going to the inland is more fun, as you can see a great view of vegetable plantation of Canlaon City, Negros Oriental plus a Mountain View of San Carlos, Negros Occidental.







The good thing about this resort is the City government of Canlaon  is maintaining it,  and open to everyone, even if you don't have money in your pocket. I will tell you why?  First the entrance fee is Absolutely free, Second the Pool fee is Free, you can bring also many foods as you want with no corgage fee, last but in the list the cottage is also free, so everything is Free except for the transportation going to the resort hehe. The only  things to do is to enjoy the pool with an overlooking view of Mt. Canlaon, no kidding, I can tell you I enjoyed it so much.




The pool has 3 choices and family friendly , 2 feet if you want your body to adjust first in the cold temperatures, but if you are risked person you go directly and jump into 4  or 6 feet then enjoy and you know what will happen to you :). If you ask me if the local government use a chlorine to maintain the pool, my answer is NO!  You know why?  Because the water is not staying in pool the whole day. it's flowing down in the lake,every second the water was replenish coming from the mountain of Canlaon so there's nothing to worry about the water is 99 percent Clean, just enjoy swimming. The inland is open everyday 6am until 5pm.



I know you are excited to know more about this inland will tell you how get there:




Bacolod City is the most accessible route, take a bus in South Terminal and hops a Ceres route Canlaon , the journey  will take you about 3 to 4 hours.

From City proper look a motorcycle and tell the driver that you will going to inland,  fare is 50-60 pesos per way.


I hope you will enjoy the Kanlaon Inland Resort And Eco-Tourim as much as I did.




Comments

  1. Hey, this is so nice. Free and the city government is paying for it including the maintenance. It is a nice initiative but I wonder, would the next mayor support this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! We will visit this sana last month kaso di kami natuloy. This place was very nice indeed. All your photos are amazing and Instagram worthy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the coolest thing I have ever seen! And 15 degrees is not cold, you should come to the UK and swim in our surrounding seas, now that is freezing!!! I love that the water flows constantly and that its all free to use! It's almost unbelievable but truly amazing!

    Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Bacolod City! I lived there for 13 years and graduated from La Salle. I've definitely been here a couple of times with my family. It truly is a beautiful place and you helped show others that with your great pictures.

    Sure hope I can visit and explore that place again soon. Thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another great spot here Pao...this is my ideal summer vacation.. first because it's too far from the city and will make you experience that simple province life and second, the pool, despite of bein man made still embraces the nature..
    hopefully I'll get a chance to visit this place someday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Negros! However, I haven't been to Canlaon yet. The place sure looks nice and inviting. Are they planning to put more facilities to attract tourists?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Bacolod twice but I missed this place. Your pictures made me regret not asking those who invited me over to bring me to memory worthy spots. Galing mo bro! - Sonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks like a great place to visit. Beautiful as so green. But of course the free pool and cottage and everything else makes it all the more worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing. The pool water is so blue and you have such a big smile on your face being in there. The government is paying for it, wait, that's great! I would love to go there for free! The environment is breath taking! www.sofarsosabine.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bacolod and Cebu are so close, I shouldn't make any excuses to see the place. I heard Kanlaon is breathtaking! I will make a trip soon. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a nice place to cool down..Any available room for overnight stay? I guess it's a secure place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Romy, There is no cottage/room available for overnight!

      Delete
  13. Hi, how's the road going to that place? is it passable by car? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. It said that cottage is absolutely free.but how come the lady said we need pay for the available cottage for 150.00 .if table only, 100.00! We been there yesterday and of course no choice but to pay.just sharing😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.