Skip to main content

Ilocos Norte | A Rainy Weather with Bangui Windmill

Baguio City

When I was in Baguio I decided to continue the Northern Luzon trip and stayed at Ilocos for another couple days exploring Bangui Windmill, Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, Calle Crisologo, Bantay Bell Tower, Malacañang of the North, and Paoay Church. I did not visit Kapurpurawan Rock Formation because of huge waves that time.



Partas Bus Company 

Since the terminal of Partas is just beside Sm City Baguio, it's not hard to find. I bought a ticket bound for Laoag City in advance because of limited seats. The fare was around 350php for the 7 hour ride. The bus left Baguio by 7pm and arrived in Laoag City around 2am.

Supertram Lodge
I stayed at the SuperTram Lodge  for my whole duration.  Since I advised them that I will be checking in early in the morning, nice thing they waited me to arrive. I slept well because I was exhausted of the whole day non-stop exploring. I woke up around 7am rushing myself to fix and start exploring Ilocos.
Welcome to Laoag
I ate my breakfast quickly in a small carenderia near the bus station going to Pagudpud since I was planning to the northern part of Ilocos on that day. When I’m on board, I realized that the weather condition is bad, so I have decided to pass the Pagudpud trip and do the Bangui Wind Mill instead. I paid 60php from Laoag to Burgos and I advised the driver to drop me off in a tricycle station going to the Windmill.


Selfie with Bangui WindMill 
Bangui Windmill
The tricycle driver charges me a P200.00 for round trip, i think it is over priced. The weather is not really good and there is no souvenir shop that time, kuya driver told me that a week before I visited Bangui there is an accident happen on this site when the 3 teenage girls take a selfie in shore the huge wave takes the life of 3 girls. The two girls found in Burgos near in Bangui, but the other one finds them a day after of the accident . I went to the view deck to wait the bus going to laoag, but i will drop off at crossing to Cape Bojoador Lighthouse .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.