Skip to main content

Sea Breeze Cafe by Henann Regency Boracay: Not Meeting Expectations

I was so excited to try the buffet of See Breeze Cafe by Henann Regency Boracay because it was rated as one of luxurious buffet restaurants in the island. We're supposed to have dinner with my best friend since they had a dancing chef show starts at 8 pm but we do lunch instead. 



We arrived before 11:45 am since the buffet will start at 12 noon until 2:30pm, the staff assisted us on where to seat, the place is elegant as I expected but a little bit hot inside because is not air-conditioned. 




While the staff is preparing the buffet, I and friend talk about our past buffet experience in some high end Restaurant in Manila that the food is flavorful and delicious. 

The buffet lunch starts and the most attract me is the canape's, the presentation is perfect, but the taste is just an ordinary flavor and nothing special. 

While waiting with my other friend who  will join us for lunch. I just noticed that some of their employees wearing uniform and  most of them are the managers of every department of the hotel had to get their food at the buffet table together with their guests and seating down in front of the buffet table. 



I just shocked because in other high end restaurant the employees with uniform are not allowed to eat together with their guest. I don't mind it first because I was thinking that maybe they have a birthday celebration, but I confirmed in one their staff regarding on this and he told me that they always do this every lunch every day. I know they have privilege like that but the thing is they need to prioritize their guest first.

As the our lunch goes on I was also disappointed that they don't offer juices to their buffet and we need to buy it one if we want. Water is the only beverage was offered. Most of the high end buffet Restaurant, Juices and Coffee was serve complimentary even on a budget buffet.

They need to retrain their staff because some of them are rude. First, they gave our bill even if not yet requested. Second, they don't even care to approach their guest first regarding the payment they only presented our bill in front of us  without any word except "your bill sir". Third, They don't even care if the guest is not yet finished with their foods before presenting the bill.

I was Expecting too much and turns into disappointment. The price of 585.60 for lunch buffet is not worth it and over priced.



Verdict 2/5





Comments

  1. High end hotels typically practice a set of standards, most specially if their clientele is from a certain market. Working for one of the world's largest hotel chains, I understand your sentiments. I think they really should revise their rules and regulations.

    I also bet that the hotel employees do not have a proper communal area aside from the actual hotel restaurant. That's why you see them there with the guests. But truth to be told, if they say they have a higher star rating, guest's convenience should really be the first priority.

    There's a Hennan Resort in Bohol. I wonder if the reviews are the same?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.