Skip to main content

Holiday Staycation at Badiah Hotel


Brunei is the second country I visited first was Japan, The time when I booked my ticket, I was planning to celebrate the EidMurabak. I was searching on the internet for where to stay. Luckily, I found the badiah hotel while checking. The location was not really in the center of Bandar Seri Begawan, but not a problem since the hotel was located about a kilometer from the King Palace. 


I arrived at Brunei International Airport around 10:10 pm from Manila, Philippines. Upon arrival, the hotel staff is patiently waiting for me holding a placard with my name. We headed to the departure exit since the shuttle service was parked. The two staff who picked me up were so entertaining; they were willing to help me plan my activities.

Badi'ah Hotel is located in Jalan Tutong. It's just about 15 minutes drive from Brunei Airport and 5 minutes to the city center. The hotel's location is tranquil and few meters from the bus stop going to the center.


The check-in process was smooth. After they confirmed my reservation and presenting my passport, the staff gave me a key card. The lobby of the hotel is spacious with a sofa set.

I stayed in a Superior Room measured about approximately 30sqm. It is very spacious with one Queen size bed, a writing desk, a Cable Tv, a fast wifi connection to update my social media account and uploads photos on my website, a Hot and Cold Shower, a complete Badiah branded toiletries, a toilet with a bidet, a bottle of complimentary water, a coffee and tea making facilities, a telephone, an iron & ironing board, a closet equipped with an electronic safe and a bedroom slipper. 


After I settled everything in my room, I went to the restaurant downstairs because I was hungry, luckily they were still open. I ordered a set meal of chicken curry and noodles, I forgot the name of noodles, but it is delicious.


I slept well in their very comfortable bed with a full blast of air-conditioned. The next morning, I woke up early to take my breakfast to the 1st floor, where the food was served because my friend would fetch me up around 8 am to toured me around Bandar Seri since there's no public transportation. The staff is very accommodating. I am aware that most of the employees of badi'ah hotel speak Tagalog (Philippines Language). It is not difficult for me to communicate with them.


It was 6:30 pm when my friend dropped me off at the hotel. I decided to walk around near the place and found a small restaurant at the back of Badi'ah. It is Chinese-owned, and the price of their food is quite affordable at 3.5 dollars with 2 types of meat of choice 1 Vegetable, and Rice. They ask for an extra charge of 50 cents for a takeout box.  






I went back to my room to have dinner. After dinner, I decided to swim in their friendly pool located on the 2nd floor of the building and call it a night after.

I left the hotel around 7 am to catch the bus bound for Kota Kinabalu on my third day.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Badi'ah Hotel. When I come back to Brunei, I am sure to stay here again.

Check the discounted price. 


OTHER INFORMATION:
BADI’AH HOTEL 
Address: Badi'ah Complex, Jalan Tutong, BSB, Negara Brunei Darussalam
Contact number: +673 222 0333/ +673 718 2599
Website: www.badiahhotel.com
Email: reservation@badiahhotel.com

Other Photos









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.