Skip to main content

5 Days Southern Mindanao - South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao,North Cotabato & Davao City

I have planned this travel for almost a year, and I want this travel more memorable. At first, I was nervous about stepping on this province because of the negative side I heard in the news, but I conquered it and became more robust.

Iloilo to General Santos



Iloilo has a direct flight to General Santos with a cheap fare compared to connecting flights in Manila as I am based in Iloilo City.
It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to pass by at Negros Island, Cebu, and Bohol. 

General Santos Airport to City Center   



I thought that the time was so fast it's been a while since I traveled to General Santos back in 2014. Now the airport is more accessible because there is a Tourism accredited shuttle van going to the City center and cheaper fare than a taxi. 

GENERAL SANTOS CITY CENTER

I decided to stay in General Santos City overnight and continue my journey the next day. I remained in Dayon Suite. 

General Santos to Lake Sebu via Marbel and Surallah  



Surallah Bound Bus



I was so excited to have a Zipline in Lake Cebu as my first time to do it in my whole life. Commuting is more fun and takes about 4 hours, including waiting time. Upon arrival at Lake Sebu terminal, I hired an Habal- Habal to go to the jump-off point of 7 falls and took less than 30 minutes. It was cold weather on the way and made me get my jacket. I've visited the Falls, House of LANG DULAY & Lake Cebu Museum.







Lake Sebu to  Isulan,Sultan Kudarat   






We arrived at the Isulan bus terminal around 3:30pm and look a bus bound to Pink Mosque. The people there told me not to go there now because it's not safe at night I got their point, so I decided to stay in Sultan Kudarat for a night and woke early morning to catch the 2nd trip to Maguindanao.


Isulan Sultan Kudarat to Pink Mosque,Ampatuan, Maguidanao



Pastel- A Muslim Food
The Bus left Isulan around 6:30am because of the delay from General Santos. After an hour of rides, I know that I am already in Datu-Saudi Maguindao because of the pink streetlights and buildings. Ate Joham treated me a 5 piece of Pastel (Muslim food) for breakfast, and I can say that the food was so good. I met Ate Joham in the terminal of Isulan, and she left beside the mosque. 





Pink Mosque to Grand Mosque, North Cotabato   




After an hour of staying in the Pink Mosque, I headed to Cotabato City and took about 1 hour via Van. From the Crossing Tamontaka Bobong, I rode a habal-habal to the Grand Mosque and took about 20 minutes. 































Cotabato City to Asik-Asik Falls 






Libungan is one of the jump-off points going to Asik-Asik Falls in Alamada. Going to Libungan will take a 1-hour bus ride from Cotabato City. I arrived at the terminal around 11:30am and ate my lunch. It's hard to decide because the fare is too pricey. I negotiated the habal-habal driver and ended up with 750 pesos instead of 1000 round trip. After 2 hours bumpy ride, we finally arrived in the Brgy. Dado in Alamada, I thought It was the last journey going there, but I needed to walk downhill for almost 1200 steps to see the Majestic Falls of Asik-Asik.





Asik-Asik Falls to Davao City  

It was 5pm when I arrived in Midsayap and took a van bound for Davao City.  It was going dark when the driver decided to leave and take a stopover in Kidapawan for Dinner. The rainfall was too intense when I arrived in SM City Davao, and my friend picked me up and stayed in their place. 

Comments

  1. Worth it 5 days vacation ever. This is an awesome travel i ever wanted. I hope that I will given a chance to do this. Nice post keep it up PR Lakwatsero.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.