Skip to main content

MOLOCABOC ISLAND | Sagay City, Negros Occidental


Molocaboc Island is a barangay under the City of Sagay, Negros Occidental. Leaving in the islands with limited resources like drinking water, electricity  is quite a challenge for every people, but i admire them how they leave happily in a very big islands, it is approximately measured about 420 Hectares.


I got a chance to visit the island because of a friend leaving in Sagay City invited me to explore it. I was in Sagay a day before our planning trip because I don't have any contact if I do it alone. There is no passenger boat crossing the islands unless you have a friend leaving there and can hitch.


Upon arrival on the port I saw an announcement that the island is closed for the tourist because the government is not yet ready and Molocaboc is one of protected area of the province. They making sure the safety of the tourist first and effect for the environment. 


Sagay Port
It will take 20 minute boat rides from sagay port. The foot walk that they made is about 1.5 kilometers long from the mainland to almost in the middle between the two islands.



It is very dangerous for the people doesn't know how to swim just like me, because it is very slippery that's why the government is aware on it. but the local people especially the kids are enjoying to run freely, how lucky they are because they know how to swim, huhu. There is no tourist on the area because the local government strictly prohibited to entered.








My friend headed to the mainland for some work to do while me decided to stayed in the shed and enjoying the water. Since I am not a swimmer I enjoy dipping in the corner while waiting the water to subside. It is almost 15 feet when high tide and 5 feet in low tides without the footwalk unfortunately I did witness the low tide because my friend fetch me up for lunch before we leave the islands.

The water that they use for bath is a little bit salty as I am expected because the water is coming from deep well.

Comments

  1. is it still closed as of this time of writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.