Skip to main content

A day in the City of Pine | Baguio City, Benguet

Baguio City, is a highly urbanized city located in the province of Benguet in Northern Luzon  island of the Philippines. The city has become the center of business and commerce as well as the center of education in the entire Northern Luzon.

When I'm in General Santos City, my last destination in Mindanao, I was thinking not to pursue my Northern Luzon trip because of insufficient fund. But, when I arrived in Manila I changed my mind. I have decided to pursue with Northern Luzon and said to myself, "Bahala na si Batman". I am thankful I survived for eight days in Northern Luzon.
Bell House Library Museum 
Nowadays, Baguio City is very accessible to visit from Manila. There's a lot of buses going to Baguio City that leaves every 30 minutes at the travel duration of 6 hours. I chose Victory Liner because one of their terminal at Pasay is near Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

From Pasay Terminal to Baguio City Rate:

Economy
Adult - PHP 450.00
Student - PHP 385.00

From MOA, I went outside to find a jeepney with signboard LRT/MRT. I told the driver to drop me off at Rotonda since I’m not yet familiar with Manila. The bus left Manila by 9pm and we arrived in Baguio City around 3am. Since Baguio is not on my list, I did not bring any jeans to keep myself warm. So when I got off the bus, it's too cold that my hands got numb and I can’t even touch my cell phone to use google map. Ha-ha! Lesson learned: bring always jeans.
Where to stay in Baguio City? There is a lot of hotels and pension houses located in the city proper. I stay at Upstairs Bed and Bath for only 299 pesos for one bed space, located on Leonardo Wood Road just a quick 5-minute walk from SM City Baguio. For your inquiry about Upstairs Bed and Bath, you may contact them at +639328784687.


Camp John Hay Main Entrance 
                       
Cemetery of Negativism 
I woke up around 8am and don't have any plan of what to do the whole day since in the evening I will be moving to Ilocos. So, I fixed myself and went to the receptionist asking for more information about the tourist spots of Baguio City and how to get there.
Mine's View Park
I walked outside and looked for some foods to eat for breakfast before starting the Exploration. He suggested to visit the following spots: *Burnham Park*Camp John Hay,*Mine's View Park, *Lions Head, *The Mansion, *Wright Park, and *PMA. I only got to visit five places out of seven because I was running out of time. So I got to visit Burnham Park all the way to Camp John Hay, Mine's View Park, The Mansion and Wright Park.
The Mansion

Wright Park
Baguio Cathedral 

 

I made the side trip at Baguio because from Manila, I’m afraid to go to Sampaloc since most of the buses bound to Ilocos are located there. I found another option. Instead of direct, I took the Manila-Baguio-Laoag route.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL GUIDE IN MALALISON ISLAND | How To Get There, Where To Stay and Day Tour Expenses

Malalison Island locally called as Mararison located in the Municiplaity of Culasi in the Province of Antique. The Island is now one of the favorite weekend getaway in Panay island. Malalison Island is a Barangay with a total population of 750 and 153 households,  Fishing and guiding is only their daily source of income the island doesn't have electricity but they have a generator for the whole island operated at 6pm until 10pm.

The Simple life with them of people of Brgy. Batad | Banaue, Ifugao

Ifugao is one my bucket list to visit, finally this is it and I’ll do it on a Solo travel for a couple of days, just to experience the life of people of being far away in a crowded and polluted city. The life is different in rural areas compared to urbanize city in the Philippines. I did not stay in Banaue town instead I stayed in Barangay Batad just an hour from the town. I like the way of living of people there, it’s simpler if you want to escaped in the stressful, polluted and traffic Cities like me, then let us visits the place just to embrace the fresh air with a breathtaking view.

Coron Island, Palawan | One of the best Island in the world

Kayangan Lake Coron Island  is located in the northern part of  Palawan and one of the largest Island of Calamian. The Island is part of the Ancestral domain of indigenous Tagbanwa people.